Microneedling Facial with LED Light Therapy
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, is a cosmetic procedure that is used to treat fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and more.
How Does it Work?
Microneedling uses tiny needles to create micro-injuries in the skin in order to stimulate collagen and elastin formation. Each tiny trauma to the skin triggers the natural wound healing response in our body to progressively build new collagen which will then fill in scars and fine lines.
What Are the Benefits of Microneedling?
- Improve fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce acne scars
- Improve stretch marks
- Even skin tone and reduce discoloration
- Lighten sun spots
- Reduce appearance of pores
- Firm and smooth skin texture
- Reduce broken capillaries
- Improves skin elasticity
- Reduce hair loss and increase hair growth
Does it Hurt?
The needles are moving at a rate of about 10,000 rounds per second, so they are moving so quickly that what you feel is more of a vibration gliding across your skin. For anyone who is concerned, we do offer a numbing cream for an extra charge.
What Are the Benefits of Light Therapy?
- Increased circulation
- Stimulates collagen production
- Helps heal wounds
- Protects healthy skin
- Increases lymphatic system activity
- Kills bacteria that causes acne
- Comforts sore muscles, aches, and pains
- Increases moisture retention
- Increases oxygenation of the skin
Our Microneedling facial comes with the addition of LED Red Light Therapy. Often used by NASA, Red Light has been proven to increase cell turnover rates, improve blood circulation, and aids in anti-inflammatory responses. Using both Collagen Induction Therapy and Light Therapy together in the same service enhance the collagen and elastin production in the skin to its highest potential, while also healing the skin and treating any skin conditions such as dryness, eczema, acne, and more.
What Can I Expect when I Schedule a Microneedling/LED Light Therapy Facial?
While this service is considered a med-spa experience, you will also get to lay back and relax while your skin is pampered and rejuvenated! We use Onmacabim skincare–a brand formulated for estheticians that specializes in para-medical cosmetics and is created in the Judean Desert with all natural ingredients. We will begin by cleansing the skin, performing a skin analysis, and then we transition to microneedling. During the microneedling, we will penetrate a high concentrate of Vitamin C into the skin along with an ampule of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs)–whose main function is to maintain and support collagen and elastin functioning in the skin. Next, we will apply a oxygenating face mask to calm and rejuvenate the skin. We will continue with a Recovery Gel serum that contains aloe vera and other ingredients that slow down the aging process and encourage regeneration of cells. While this serum sinks into the skin, we will begin Light Therapy. To finish the treatment, we will apply a rejuvenating moisturizer that contains SPF and incorporate a facial massage. All facial treatments will also use electric modalities such as an ultrasonic blade and microcurrent to further penetrate products and stimulate facial muscles as long as the client does not have any metal implants or a pacemaker.
When Can I Expect to See Results?
Most people see immediate results at the end of their first treatment. You will see cumulative results with each Microneedling/LED Facial. The best results are achieved after a series of 6-8 treatments depending on what your area of treatment/concern is. Monthly follow-ups will maintain results!
Is There Anyone Who Should NOT Receive Microneedling?
Anyone who has the following conditions should not receive microneedling treatment:
- Currently inflamed or aggravated eczema, psoriasis, and other chronic conditions
- History of actinic keratosis
- History of Herpes Simplex infections
- Cardiac abnormalities
- Blood clotting problems
- Advanced rosacea
- Active bacterial or fungal infection
- Immune-suppression diseases
- Facial fillers (such as Botox) in the last 6 months
What is the Aftercare Following the Facial Treatment?
One of the great things about Microneedling is that it is non-invasive and has minimal downtime. When you are finished, you may be slightly red or pink, but that will subside within a few hours. The following are the instructions for proper aftercare:
- Use a gentle cleanser and pat dry
- Do not use a Clarisonic or any other powered cleansing brush for at least 1 week post treatment
- Do not use any exfoliating treatments such as AHAs, retinol, or a physical exfoliant on your skin for at least 1 week
- For 24 hours after your treatment, do not use any skin oils or oil based products
- Do not apply makeup for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Do not sweat heavily for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid sun exposure following treatment, but be sure to still use sunscreen daily (preferably a physical and not chemical SPF)
Where Can I Receive Microneedling?
While the face is the most common area to receive Collagen Induction Therapy, the benefits can also be seen in other areas of the body depending on your area of concern. Other common treatments areas include: Cesarian scars, stretch marks on the stomach, the scalp for hair loss, and scars from broken bones on the arms or legs. Please contact us at (407) 494-5866 first before booking if you are looking to treat an area other than the face.
If you are looking to start the journey towards younger looking, smoother, and healthier skin, then look no further! Many people are even reporting that they have stopped their injectable filler treatments after seeing their results from Microneedling and LED Light Therapy! Call or schedule your appointment online today!
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation treatment that uses a sterile surgical blade to remove the top layer of dead skin and vellus hair (AKA Peach Fuzz). The tool is held at a 45 degree angle and gently moved across the surface of the skin for maximum exfoliation.
What Are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
The removal of dead skin cell buildup and vellus hairs:
- Allows for deeper product penetration
- Creates smoother, more even skin
- Removes hairs that trap dirt and oil leading to breakouts
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Diminishes the look of fine lines
- Promotes cell turnover
- Brightens appearance of skin
- Makeup applies flawlessly
- Works on all skin types
- Provides instant results with no downtime
How Often Should I Receive Dermaplaning?
The most common schedule for dermaplaning is once a month. This ensures that you have smooth, bright skin and are on your way to clearing hyperpigmentation and scarring as well!
Dermaplaning can be provided as a stand alone treatment or as an add on to a facial or makeup service–it pairs perfectly with our Microneedling Facial to ensure the highest level of product penetration! Or if you are getting your makeup done, it gives your the most flawless and even base possible.